WELCOMEMr. ALexandre Lopes8th GradeDepartment:McGinnis Middle School Social StudiesExt: x241358th Grade Social StudiesUnited States HistoryColonization - Creating the Government
Class work – 35%
- Students will be given new class assignments every day in the groups.
- Homework will be assigned if class work assignments are not finished on time. Homework will be given out at least once a week.
- Homework will Consist of Current Events
Projects, Quizzes, Tests (Assessments) – 60%
- Some class work assignments or P.B.L.s (Projects) may be marked as a project grade. Some projects will be take home projects.
- Projects: 2-3 per Unit
- Quizzes will be given every week to assess student’s knowledge on the information.
- Tests will be given after each chapter.
Do Now, Objective, Essential Question: 5-10 Minutes
- Students will begin class with a Do Now assignment, which will be located on the board every day. Do Now assignments will be followed by a classroom discussion.
- Please use Cornell format when setting up your notebook
Whole Instruction / New Material:
- Every day there will be new notes and new material on the board or handed out.
Groups / Stations:
- Student to Student Groups:
- B.L.s - Project Based Learning
- Guided Reading – Textbook and Outside sources
- Tier Words – Definition and word analysis
- Geography – Study of maps and locations
- Document Based Questions
- Students will review what they have learned throughout the period.
2018-2019 Marking Period Layout:
- 1st Marking Period – Unit 1: Exploration/colonization
- 2nd Marking Period – Unit 2: Causes of War/History of Perth Amboy
- 3rd Marking Period – Unit 3: American Revolution
- 4th Marking Period- Unit 4: Creating a New Government
*Information on assignments will be located through the remind app.
Text the number 81010 and text the message @MrLopes8 to recieve all notifications on assignments.