HONORS: ESL MARKING PERIOD STUDENT
will honor students each month who have exhibited great strength in a set of identified character traits also known as the six pillars of character. These pillars include trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring, and citizenship. At the end of each month, one student from each class is recognized as an outstanding role model of the traits and he/she receives a Shull ESL Star certificate.
An ESL Star Citizen of the Month:
- Treats other students with kindness
- Demonstrates responsibilitly
- Exhibits consistent effort in academic areas
- Demonstrates pride in the school community
- Exhibits self-discipline
- Demonstrates good manners consistently
It is the hope of the teacher that through the use of the Positive Education program, students will develop and maintain positive character traits, self-esteem, and a sense of community.