Name: Miss Maxine PaisClasses: 7th Grade Language Arts, General Education and HonorsHouse: Leopard - Where Everyone has a Spot!Room: 343Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgOffice Hours: 8:00-2:40pm for emailsWelcome to Miss Pais' Teacher Page!This is my seventh year teaching at Samuel E. Shull. I graduated Magna Cum Laude from Kean University, and I firmly believe education is the key to success! I look forward to working with all my students and parent/guardian(s) over the course of this school year to make sure it is a wonderful year filled with learning!Please feel free to look around and see what I have posted. Feel free to email me with any questions or concerns you may have!SNEAK PEEK OF THE YEAR:Marking Period 1:Reading Focus: Core Novel - Fiction - Belle Prater's Boy by Ruth WhiteWriting Focus: Narrative - Realistic Fiction NarrativeMarking Period 2:Reading Focus: Informational Reading - Non-fiction Texts / SSR books (students will select books on their own)Writing Focus: Argumentative - Debates and Social Issues EssaysMarking Period 3:Reading Focus: Core Novel - Fiction - Among the Hidden by Margaret Peterson HaddixWriting Focus: Literary Analysis - Companion BooksMarking Period 4:Reading Focus: Analyzing Poetry / Core Novel - Fiction - Crossing the Wire by Will HobbsWriting Focus: Poetry - Poetry Book*All novels can be found using Learning Ally. Usernames are the student's district username and the password is "pais343" unless you created your own password.
- Cameras must remain on during the entire meeting
- Microphones must be muted unless you are speaking with permission
- Try to work in a quiet space with minimal distractions
- Be respectful to classmates and your teacher (Respect is the same whether we are virtual or in-person!)
- Wait your turn while others are speaking, be patient and listen
- Phones are not permitted during any class
- YOU must be present in the virtual meeting; family members are not permitted to be on camera
- Be ON TIME; meetings are scheduled according to your schedule. Be on time so you don't hold up the rest of our class :)
- STAY POSITIVE AND TRY YOUR BEST!
60% quizzes and tests