The following is a list of student expectations based on our class's hopes and dreams for the school year. We practice these expectations on a daily basis and they are clear and specific so that your child knows how to behave in a positive way. These expectations can change over time. The goal of these expectations is for students to work together, make the right choices, and become independent learners to reach the highest level of performance. Beginning on the first day of school, two expectations will be introduced, discussed, and practiced. Practicing these expectations will take time. The following is what will be reviewed and posted daily in the classroom.
Our Hopes and Dreams for the school year are to learn, to be respectful, and to be safe in our school community.
- We will practice Whole Body Listening.
- We will raise our hands quietly.
- We will follow directions.
- We will stand and walk in a straight and quiet line.
- We will sit crisscross applesauce in one spot.
- We will use our time to learn quietly when a teacher is with students.
- We will keep our environment clean by: picking up garbage, keeping our pencils and crayons in one piece, keeping the inside of our desks neat and organized, and taking care of anything given by a teacher.
- We will respect others with kind words and actions.
- We will work and play safely.
Remember these expectations are for you to make the right choices and become independent learners that help each other with working together in our classroom community!
Whole Body Listening: Students will practice daily.