Ms. Schakia Arrington
7th grade Language Arts
Greetings Parents and Students! Welcome to the Tiger House and 7th grade Language Arts.
As you all know, practice makes perfect. Therefore, the only way to become a better reader or writer is to read and write more. That is exactly what my students will do this year.
Not only will my students improve their reading and writing skills, they will participate in challenging, fun, engaging activities, that promote critical thinking and inquiry. Students will also participate in several public speaking activities
Here are a few things to remember:
- Tuesday is Homework Day! Homework is given in advance for the week. Students are given a checklist with due dates.
- You can check the Homework section to view current homework assignments.
- Late homework is not accepted.
- Students need independent reading books and should be reading for at least 30 minutes each night!
- Students will need plenty of post-it notes to annotate while reading.
With your help, this promises to be the best year ever! If you would like to contact me, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.