Bilingual/ESL and World Languages Department
Mr. Rogelio SuarezDirector of Bilingual/ESL and World LanguagesEmail: email@example.comPhone: (732) 376-6200 ext. 30-260Mrs. Janet Warbeck - Supervisor P-4
Phone: (732) 376-6200 ext. 30-265Mrs. Bonnie Molina - Supervisor 5-12
Phone: (732) 376-6200 ext. 30-266
Ms. Iris Varela - Secretary
Phone: (732) 376-6200 ext. 30-262Ms. Ginia Sanchez - Secretary
Phone: (732) 376-6200 ext. 30-261Ms. Mabel Lamourt - Secretary
Phone: (732) 376-6200 ext. 30-264The ONLY Free StandingDual Language Public School in the State of New Jersey!A Model Program recognized by the State of New Jersey (2004-2006 & 2008-2010)Our Highly Qualified Staff:4 Resource Specialists
165 Bilingual Teachers
43 ESL Teachers18 World Language TeachersGoals of the Bilingual/ESL Program:
- To provide native language instruction in all content area subjects while students are acquiring English.
- To teach ESL and English language arts literacy so that students will be able to communicate in English and achieve academically in English.
- To provide instruction by bilingual teachers with special training and certification in meeting the linguistic, cultural, emotional and academic needs of second language learners.
- To promote acculturation into American society while respecting and appreciating the language and culture of the students and their families.
- To ensure systematic assessment of student progress in English acquisition and academic learning, through a variety of measures.
- To encourage and support the involvement of parents in classroom, school, and district programs.
- To facilitate the transition of students from the Bilingual Program into the General Program when they are ready as determined by multiple measures.