Bilingual/ESL and World Languages Department
To promote student achievement by fostering academic excellence and nurturing their humanity.
To be the leader in the state of New Jersey in bilingual and world languages education.Mr. Rogelio SuarezDirector of Bilingual/ESL and World LanguagesEmail: email@example.comPhone: (732) 376-6200 ext. 30-260Mrs. Janet Warbeck - Supervisor P-4
Phone: (732) 376-6200 ext. 30-265Mrs. Bonnie Molina - Supervisor 5-12
Phone: (732) 376-6200 ext. 30-266Ms. Ginia Sanchez - Secretary
Phone: (732) 376-6200 ext. 30-261Ms. Mabel Lamourt - Secretary
Phone: (732) 376-6200 ext. 30-262Mrs. Amarilis Peralta-Raju Parent Liaison
Phone: (732) 376-6200 ext. 30-263The ONLY Free StandingDual Language Public Schools in the State of New Jersey!A Model Program recognized by the State of New Jersey (2004-2006 & 2008-2010)Our Highly Qualified Staff:4 Resource Specialists
165 Bilingual Teachers
43 ESL Teachers18 World Language TeachersGoals of the Bilingual/ESL Program:
- To provide native language instruction in all content area subjects while students are acquiring English.
- To teach ESL and English language arts literacy so that students will be able to communicate in English and achieve academically in English.
- To provide instruction by bilingual teachers with special training and certification in meeting the linguistic, cultural, emotional and academic needs of second language learners.
- To promote acculturation into American society while respecting and appreciating the language and culture of the students and their families.
- To ensure systematic assessment of student progress in English acquisition and academic learning, through a variety of measures.
- To encourage and support the involvement of parents in classroom, school, and district programs.
- To facilitate the transition of students from the Bilingual Program into the General Program when they are ready as determined by multiple measures.