Gifted and Talented Program
The Perth Amboy Public School Gifted and Talented program fosters a love of learning. We are creating a program where a student's passion can be explored.
We are committed to a model that values differentiated instruction, one in which classroom teachers work to tailor instruction and content to match student ability level. Our Gifted and Talented program is designed to address the unique social and emotional needs of children by promoting self-understanding, awareness of needs, and cognitive and effective growth.
We hope to inspire and support this special group of learners to embrace challenges and opportunities.
The intent of all levels of Gifted and Talented programming is to honor the "whole child, every child" in developing student competencies that forge lifelong learners and create Global and World changers!
Goals of the Gifted and Talented Program
- To promote critical thinking, reasoning, and creativity,
- To develop complex problem-solving strategies,
- To build strong interpersonal communication skills,
- To provide an opportunity for students to explore ideas and interest,
- To provide an environment that encourages divergent thinking.