Resources for Staff
As our remote learning plan is implemented, it is essential that staff have contact information for students enabling and ensuring communication with them during this time. Please make sure you are actively engaging, communicating regularly and sharing relevant District correspondence with parents and students during the school closure.
If you are in need of any assistance during this time, please contact your building principal. Also, all District Administrator are also working remotely and constantly monitoring their emails if you have any questions or concerns.
Please see the following reminders about daily attendance and expectations.
Attendance: Staff must sign in during regular contractual hours.
We created a step by step tutorial with directions showing how to submit your attendance with your PAPS credentials in the google form. Please refer to the link below:
Ensure that your Google Folder that was sent to you is updated with all work, clearly labeled, and an assignment cover sheet is posted.
Check in with students in grades 9-12 who are not submitting assignments on time via regular communication methods (e-mail, phone).
- Make sure you are available via e-mail between regular working hours (follow your daily schedule).
- Check email/district website frequently for updates and reminders.
- Promptly respond to emails by students, teachers, or administrators.
Should staff experience an issue with a district issued device or application please submit a KACE ticket at: www.kace.paps.net
- A technician will get back to you via phone or email provided to help resolve your issue.
- A tutorial about submitting KACE tickets can be found here: KACE Ticket Tutorial
Please see additional educational technology resources you can access to support you during remote learning.
- Teaching Online in a Pinch This is an online module that gives teachers a tutorial in how to maximize remote instruction (geared towards teachers in grades 6-12).
- Step by Step Directions for Creating Folders and Sub-Folders All teachers are to upload digital copies of their instructional materials to Google Drive. Please see this step-by-step tutorial for information about creating folders and sub-folders in Google Drive.
- Hangouts Meet Cheat Sheet Remote Learning This step by-step tutorial provides you with information on how to use Google Hangouts so teachers and students can video conference and collaborate during remote instruction.
- Video Tutorial How to Create a Google Classroom - The link below provides information on how to set up a Google Classroom in order to submit assignments and collaborate with students.
- Video Tutorial How to Access Google Docs from a Mobile Device: This provides information about how to access Google resources from your phone.
- For the AP Teacher at PAHS a review exercise in Albert iO (This slide deck provides Perth Amboy High School teachers with ideas about how to support students enrolled in advanced placement courses during remote instruction.
- Distance Learning Strategies [EDU onAir- March 5, 2020 - Attendees] This article provides information and useful tips for learning with and without technology at home.