What a great place to be!!Perth Amboy Early Childhood program provides the social and academic success needed for your child‘s future.
Perth Amboy Early Childhood program is Committed to High Quality Early Childhood Education. Each day we nurture your child socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually—all while having fun.
Our caring and engaging teachers grow, learn, and imagine with your child, whether sharing a story or building a spaceship to blast off to the moon. We provide a balance between choice and structured activities, between group and individual choice and between teacher and child-directed involvement. Our curriculum offers daily opportunities to help teachers meet the needs of every type of learner.
Our curriculum, The Creative Curriculum for Preschool, is researched based and fully aligned to the NJ Early Childhood Standards. (Preschool Teaching and Learning Standards 2014) and National Standards. Our curriculum uses exploration and discovery as a way of learning and enables children to develop confidence, creativity, and critical thinking skills. The curriculum is based on 38 objectives for development and learning across six developmental domains:
· Social-Emotional: Each child will make new friends and gain the confidence, self-esteem, and negotiating skills necessary for a lifetime of healthy relationships. Children will enjoy a safe, nurturing environment where they can learn to express and understand themselves. Each child will gain the comfort and confidence to grow trusting relationships, value their individuality, and have fun.
· Physical: Motor skill development, coordination, flexibility, and exercise all help each child grow healthy and strong.
· Language: A series of age appropriate daily experiences helps build each child’s language skills.
· Cognitive: Our program help builds cognitive skills by supporting the development of judgment, perception, memory, reasoning, critical thinking, and language through a series of age appropriate cognitive activities.
· Literacy: Reading and writing are taught by continually exposing children to oral and written language and by building on prior knowledge and language experiences.
· Math: Math and number concepts used in the preschool classroom forms the foundation for learning advanced math concepts.
The key to planning appropriate early childhood learning experiences is using authentic, ongoing assessment. Our assessment system, TS Gold, offers an effective way to help teachers and administrators monitor each child’s learning and development. TS Gold comprehensive assessment reports are shared with family members during parent conference. Since TS Gold is a fully bilingual tool, it offers teachers support for assessing the dual-language learners in the classrooms who are learning English and Spanish.
Some tips for parents for maintaining a routine at home:
- Create schedule with your child.
- Write and post schedule.
- Be Consisitent
- Have child practice identifying and/or writing name, letters, numbers, colors, shapes.
- Limit screen time to 30 minutes.
- Maintain Physical activities.
- Lunch and rest time.
- Read and discuss books.
- Take advantage of classroom teachers' webpages and online resources
- Website: Superheros help us grow:
- Keep bedtime early and the same time everyday.
Some Resources while students are at home learning:
Creative Curriculum - https://www.facebook.com/TeachingStrategiesForEarlyChildhood/
Resources available in both English & Spanish have (E/S) indicated: