Infinite Campus Portal User Agreement : Terms & Conditions
The Internet and secure web access have altered the ways that confidential information may be accessed, communicated, and transferred. Those changes are influencing instruction and student learning. The Perth Amboy Public School District ("District") supports access by students, parents/guardians, teachers, and administrators to informational resources that will improve participation in a child’s education and improve communication between students, parents/guardians, teachers, principals, and administrators.
The District manages student information electronically on a secure Internet site. The District will make certain student education data available for viewing over a secure Internet connection only to authorized parents/guardians. Parents/guardians agree to comply with the terms set forth in this Agreement.
A) Rights and Responsibilities
This access is a free service offered to all current and active parents/guardians of Perth Amboy Public Schools students. Access to student information over the Internet is a privilege, not a right. Only after a family has enrolled their child(ren) in the District will a parent/guardian be authorized to activate a Campus Parent user account. Once a student withdraws or graduates from the District such access will be deactivated. Parents/guardians and staff must understand and practice proper and ethical use.
B) Information Accuracy Responsibilities
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility of District, parents/guardians, and students. Each school will make every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete. If a parent/guardian or student discovers any inaccurate information, they will notify their school immediately.
C) Accessible Information
The District reserves the right to discontinue the use of the Campus Portal at any time. The District reserves the right to add, modify or delete functions viewed via Campus Portal at any time without notice, including, but not limited to, the functions listed below:
- Student Demographic Data
- Student Schedule
- Immunization Records
D) Campus Portal Access Agreement
Each parent/guardian must complete the User Agreement Form below and agree to be bound by this Campus Portal User Agreement. After so agreeing, the District will verify the information on the User Agreement Form. Upon verification, the District will provide Guardians with their own unique portal activation key for creating a user login and password to view information relating to the child(ren) of the Guardian(s) identified in the current District records. The District, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to request that Guardians or Students bring photo identification to the school in order to verify their identity should any question arise concerning the validity of the acceptance of this Agreement.
E) Use of Campus Portal
Guardians and Students understand and agree to adhere to the following:
- Act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner. If you are identified as a security risk, you will be denied access to the site.
- Not attempt to harm or destroy the school, the District's data, or networks.
- Not attempt to access information concerning any students other than that of their own child(ren) or any account assigned to another person.
- Not use the Campus Portal or the District's networks for any illegal activity, including, but not limited to violation of Federal and State Data Privacy laws. Anyone found to be in violation of these laws will be subject to civil and/or criminal prosecution.
- Notify their school immediately if you identify a security problem within the Campus Portal without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
- Immediately notify the school if information concerning any student, other than that of their own child(ren), is accidently made available to them.
- Not share their password or allow anyone other than themselves to use their Campus Portal account, including their own child(ren).
- Not set any computer to automatically log into Campus Portal.
- Log out of their Campus Portal user account when they are not at their computer.
- Abide by all District Polices and Regulations regarding their use and access of the site, including but not limited to the following District Policies and Regulations:2360- Use of Technology; 2361- Acceptable Use of Computer Networks/Computers and Resources; and 8330- Pupil Records
F) Security Features
Access is made available through a secure Internet site. Account holders are responsible for not sharing their passwords and to properly protect or destroy any printed or electronic documentation generated from or about the Campus Portal site.
Three unsuccessful login attempts will disable the user's account. Until the school has verified the assigned user to the locked account, the account will remain locked. In order to use the account again the user will need to contact the District administrative technology team.
The users will be automatically logged off if they leave their web browser open and inactive for a period of time.
The parent/guardian account will be permanently deactivated when his/her children have either withdrawn or graduated from Perth Amboy Public Schools, or a court action denies the parent/guardian access to his/her child's information.
G) Limitation of School District Liability
The District will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. THE DISTRICT WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF THE DISTRICT’S SYSTEM OR INTERNET. The District does not promise any particular level or method of access to the Campus Portal for viewing student information. The District will not be responsible for actions taken by parents/guardians or students that compromise their student information. The District reserves the right to limit or terminate the Campus Portal for viewing student information without notice. All parents/guardians who use Campus Parent to access their child(ren)'s information consent to electronic monitoring and understand that they are granted access to a private network used as an educational tool by the Perth Amboy Public School District employees and students. Account activity is electronically recorded.