Please follow the registration instructions below to register a preschool student for the 21-22 School Year. If you'd like information about registration for the 2022-2023 School Year, please click here.
Recorded Informational WebinarsRecorded Webinar Info-Sessions are available to learn about how to complete the registration process. Click the links below to access the webinar in English or Spanish:
Pre-School Online Registration
Please note this is for first time registrants only.
Online Registration Checklist
- Before you start your application, please be sure you have all Supporting Documents ready in digital format (scan or picture) for upload.
- You must have a Google Account in order to upload documents.
- The application will take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete. You will not be able to save and finish later. You must complete the entire application and upload all supporting documents in order to submit your application.
- You must complete one application per Preschool Child you are registering.
**Parents/Guardians Must Sign In to a Google Account Prior to Accessing Registration Form Below**
- PROOF OF ADDRESS
As proof of student residency, please provide ONE (1) document listed in category A and TWO (2) documents listed in category B.
Category A: One (1) of the following documents must be current:
- Current Lease (You will only need first page and signature page)
- A notarized Blue affidavit (Blue affidavit - English/Spanish) from the owner of the home.
- If residing with another family who rents a home, a notarized Yellow affidavit (Yellow affidavit - English/Spanish) from the host family and their lease needs to be provided.
- If residing with another family who are homeowners, a notarized Yellow affidavit (Yellow affidavit - English/Spanish) from the host family and their deed needs to be provided.
- If child(ren) is/are residing with someone other than the parent/guardian temporarily, a notarized Pink affidavit (Pink affidavit - English/Spanish) needs to be provided with the person’s lease or deed.
- Affidavits are only valid for one (1) year.
- If you submit a yellow affidavit you will also need to upload (2) documents from Category B for BOTH host and Parent.
Category B: Two (2) of the following documents that show your current address dated within the past 30 days:
- Gas, electric, cable, phone or water bill
- Payroll check/stub
- First class mail/letter from state or federal agency
- Bank statement
- Tax Bill
- CHILD’S BIRTH CERTIFICATE (scan or picture)
- CHILD’S PHYSICAL EXAM (Click here for form)
- New Jersey State Law requires children entering preschool to have CURRENT physical exams – must be dated on or after October 1st, 2020
- CHILD’S CURRENT IMMUNIZATION RECORD (from your Doctor)
- Demonstrating that the child has been immunized for: DPT (4 doses), POLIO (3 doses), HIB (1 dose – on or after 1st birthday), MMR (1 dose – on or after the 1st birthday), Varicella (on or after 1st birthday or proof of disease immunity), Pneumococcal Vaccine (PCV) (1 dose – on or after 1st birthday), Hepatitis B (3 doses).
- PHOTO IDENTIFICATION
- Parent/Guardian must provide proof of identity.
- CUSTODY DOCUMENTATION (If applicable): Divorced or separated parents, and guardians must provide a copy of a formal court document demonstrating child’s custody.
For further information call: 732-376-6200 ext 30-160
Early Childhood Education
Dr. Damian Medina, Director of Curriculum and Instruction PreK-12
Mrs. Maribel Falsone, Secretary ext. 30-160
Families who are concerned about their child's development, aged three to five, may access the Child Find website located below. The link will also provide information on community services available, and it will assist the Perth Amboy School District to identify unserved children who need special education and related services from age three to twenty-one. You may also contact the District’s Department of Special Education Services at (732-376-6200) ext. 30-229 to answer any questions regarding the evaluation process.