Preschool Registration for the 2022-2023 School Year
Preschool Registration Guide (English) - Preschool Registration Guide (Spanish)
Preschool Registration for the 2022-2023 School Year is open.
Online registration is now open. The checklist and link to register are both below. It is recommended the online registration application be completed on a computer or laptop and not on a phone or tablet.
*NEW Online Registration System
- Our district has implemented a new completely online registration system.
- All documents will need to be scanned and uploaded to your application.
- Please click on the link below to start your online application.
- Please remember your APPLICATION NUMBER.
- Do not start your application from your cell phone- you may not be able to complete your application and will have to start from the beginning. Please use an iPad/computer.
- If you have any questions about necessary documents, please refer to the bottom of the page.
*Sistema NUEVO en linea para las registraciones
- Nuestro distrito a empezado un sistema nuevo en linea para las registraciones.
- Todos los documentos tendran que ser escaneados y subidos a su aplicacion.
- Por favor haga clic en el enlace siguiente para empezar su aplicacion en linea.
- Por favor acuerdese su NUMERO DE APLICACION.
- No empieze su aplicacion de su celular- no podra completar la aplicacion y tendra que empezar desde el principio. Por favor use un Ipad/computadora.
- Si usted tiene alguna pregunta sobre los documentos necesarios, por favor refiera al final de la pagina.
Pre-School Online Registration Checklist for the 2022-2023 School Year
Please note this is for first time registrants only. Registration instructions have changed for the upcoming school year.
Online Registration Checklist
- Before you start your application, please be sure you have all Supporting Documents ready in digital format (scan or picture) for upload.
- The application will take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete. You will be given an application number so that you can save and return to complete it as needed.
**Parents/Guardians May Now Access the Registration Form Below**
- PROOF OF ADDRESS
As proof of student residency, please provide ONE (1) document listed in category A and TWO (2) documents listed in category B.
Category A: One (1) of the following documents must be current:
- Current Lease (You will only need first page and signature page)
- A notarized Blue affidavit (Blue affidavit - English/Spanish) from the owner of the home.
- If residing with another family who rents a home, a notarized Yellow affidavit (Yellow affidavit - English/Spanish) from the host family and their lease needs to be provided.
- If residing with another family who are homeowners, a notarized Yellow affidavit (Yellow affidavit - English/Spanish) from the host family and their deed needs to be provided.
- If child(ren) is/are residing with someone other than the parent/guardian temporarily, a notarized Pink affidavit (Pink affidavit - English/Spanish) needs to be provided with the person’s lease or deed.
- Affidavits are only valid for one (1) year.
- If you submit a yellow affidavit you will also need to upload (2) documents from Category B for BOTH host and Parent.
Category B: Two (2) of the following documents that show your current address dated within the past 30 days:
- Gas, electric, cable, phone or water bill
- Payroll check/stub
- First class mail/letter from state or federal agency
- Bank statement
- Tax Bill
- CHILD’S BIRTH CERTIFICATE (scan or picture)
- CHILD’S PHYSICAL EXAM (Click here for form)
- New Jersey State Law requires children entering preschool to have CURRENT physical exams – must be dated on or after October 1st, 2021
- CHILD’S CURRENT IMMUNIZATION RECORD (from your Doctor)
- Demonstrating that the child has been immunized for: DPT (4 doses), POLIO (3 doses), HIB (1 dose – on or after 1st birthday), MMR (1 dose – on or after the 1st birthday), Varicella (on or after 1st birthday or proof of disease immunity), Pneumococcal Vaccine (PCV) (1 dose – on or after 1st birthday), Hepatitis B (3 doses).
- PHOTO IDENTIFICATION
- Parent/Guardian must provide proof of identity.
- CUSTODY DOCUMENTATION (If applicable): Divorced or separated parents, and guardians must provide a copy of a formal court document demonstrating child’s custody.
For further information call: 732-376-6200 ext 30-160
Early Childhood Education
Ms. Michelle Loconte, Supervisor of Early Childhood Education ext 30-234
Mrs. Maribel Falsone, Secretary ext. 30-160
Families who are concerned about their child's development, aged three to five, may access the Child Find website located below. The link will also provide information on community services available, and it will assist the Perth Amboy SchoolDistrict to identify unserved children who need special education and related services from age three to twenty-one. You may also contact the District’s Department of Special Education Services at (732-376-6200) ext. 30-224 to answer any questions regarding the evaluation process.