Preschool Registration for the 2022-2023 School Year
Preschool Registration for the 2022-2023 School Year is now open.
Online registration is now open. The checklist and link to register are both below. For assistance with registration, please attend one of our In-Person Registration Help Desk dates, by appointment only.
In-Person Registration Help Desk Dates:
An in-person registration help desk will take place to assist parents and guardians with completing the online registration process. These sessions will take place:
May 17, 2022: 4:00 - 7:00 PM
May 18, 2022: 4:00 - 7:00 PM
May 19, 2022: 4:00 - 7:00 PM
By Appointment Only.
In-Person Registration Help Desk Sessions on the dates and times listed above will take place at:
- Edmund Hmieleski, Jr. Early Childhood Center located at 925 Amboy Avenue
- Ignacio Cruz Early Childhood Center located at 601 Cortlandt Street
If you need help with completing online preschool registration - you must register for an appointment to attend one of these sessions. Click here.
Pre-School Online Registration Checklist for the 2022-2023 School Year
Please note this is for first time registrants only. Registration instructions have changed for the upcoming school year.
Online Registration Checklist
- Before you start your application, please be sure you have all Supporting Documents ready in digital format (scan or picture) for upload.
- The application will take approximately 30-40 minutes to complete. You will be given an application number so that you can save and return to complete it as needed.
- You must complete one application per Preschool Child you are registering.
**Parents/Guardians May Now Access the Registration Form Below**
- PROOF OF ADDRESS
As proof of student residency, please provide ONE (1) document listed in category A and TWO (2) documents listed in category B.
Category A: One (1) of the following documents must be current:
- Current Lease (You will only need first page and signature page)
- A notarized Blue affidavit (Blue affidavit - English/Spanish) from the owner of the home.
- If residing with another family who rents a home, a notarized Yellow affidavit (Yellow affidavit - English/Spanish) from the host family and their lease needs to be provided.
- If residing with another family who are homeowners, a notarized Yellow affidavit (Yellow affidavit - English/Spanish) from the host family and their deed needs to be provided.
- If child(ren) is/are residing with someone other than the parent/guardian temporarily, a notarized Pink affidavit (Pink affidavit - English/Spanish) needs to be provided with the person’s lease or deed.
- Affidavits are only valid for one (1) year.
- If you submit a yellow affidavit you will also need to upload (2) documents from Category B for BOTH host and Parent.
Category B: Two (2) of the following documents that show your current address dated within the past 30 days:
- Gas, electric, cable, phone or water bill
- Payroll check/stub
- First class mail/letter from state or federal agency
- Bank statement
- Tax Bill
- CHILD’S BIRTH CERTIFICATE (scan or picture)
- CHILD’S PHYSICAL EXAM (Click here for form)
- New Jersey State Law requires children entering preschool to have CURRENT physical exams – must be dated on or after October 1st, 2021
- CHILD’S CURRENT IMMUNIZATION RECORD (from your Doctor)
- Demonstrating that the child has been immunized for: DPT (4 doses), POLIO (3 doses), HIB (1 dose – on or after 1st birthday), MMR (1 dose – on or after the 1st birthday), Varicella (on or after 1st birthday or proof of disease immunity), Pneumococcal Vaccine (PCV) (1 dose – on or after 1st birthday), Hepatitis B (3 doses).
- PHOTO IDENTIFICATION
- Parent/Guardian must provide proof of identity.
- CUSTODY DOCUMENTATION (If applicable): Divorced or separated parents, and guardians must provide a copy of a formal court document demonstrating child’s custody.
For further information call: 732-376-6200 ext 30-160
Early Childhood Education
Dr. Damian Medina, Director of Curriculum and Instruction PreK-12
Mrs. Maribel Falsone, Secretary ext. 30-160
Families who are concerned about their child's development, aged three to five, may access the Child Find website located below. The link will also provide information on community services available, and it will assist the Perth Amboy SchoolDistrict to identify unserved children who need special education and related services from age three to twenty-one. You may also contact the District’s Department of Special Education Services at (732-376-6200) ext. 30-224 to answer any questions regarding the evaluation process.