Welcome To Our District Home Page
The Perth Amboy Health and Physical Education Department continues to focus on providing a 21st Century Health and Physical Education experience for our students during the current climate we are facing. Please see our 2021-22 Guidelines to begin the year in the document below:
Please continue to visit the Health and Physical Education teacher pages for your child on their respective school Google Classroon to find access to our H&PE platform where you will find activities and exercise ideas that you can do at home with your child!!! New information will be posted daily!! Below are just some of the resources/ websites from National organizations that our H&PE Staff will be utilitzing!! Stay Healthy!!
- Go Noodle Movement Activities
- Go Noodle Games
- Super Stretch Yoga
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- How to talk to young children about the coronavirus (from PBS)
- Cosmic Kids Yoga and Mindfulness
- Headspace, Meditation for Kids
- Smiling Mind, Meditation for Children
- Calm, Meditation for Children
- Home learning resource from scholastic magazine for Grades K-9:
- Mindfulness Classes for Children
- Child Mind Institute Support
- Guided Meditation from Mt. Sinai
General Health Organizations
- American Heart Association - Heart disease and stroke.
- American Dietetic Association - Nutrition information..
- American Cancer Society - Cancer. Find your local chapter.
- American Dental Association - Fighting to prevent dental disease.
- Centers for Disease Control - The Nation's disease prevention agency.
- National Institute of Health
- World Health Organization
Alcohol and Other Drugs
- Join Together - Working to reduce substance abuse and gun violence.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving -Working to stop drunk driving and to support victims.
- National families in Action - Helping prevent drug abuse among children by promoting policies based on science.
- National institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism -Federal resource on alcoholism.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry - Mental health information
- American Academy of Pediatrics - Physician sponsored information on pediatrics
- Maternal and Child Health Bureau -Federal site from Dept. of Health and Human Service.
- American Cancer Society - Learn about the cancer risks associated with smoking.
- American Lung Association - Learn about the respiratory problems associated with smoking.
- National Clearinghouse for Alcohol and Drug Information - Links to much information.
- Tobacco Advertisements
Resources for Health Care Education
- National Library of Medicine - NIH Medline clearinghouse.
- Health Links from Yahoo - Listing of numerous health-related links.
- School Health Resources - Educational material from the American Academy of Pediatrics
- School Health News - Updates on health education issues.
- Healthfinder - Federal site with links to many health-related sites.
- Agency for Health Care Policy - Federal site with information about health care.
Mr. Nephtaly Cardona
Director of Athletics and Health and Physical Education, 9-12
(732) 376-6030 ext. 23408
Dr. Chris Ott
Supervisor of Health and Physical Education, Pre-K to 8
(732) 376-6200 ext. 30148