About the Health Sciences Academy
Students in the Health Sciences Academy will get an introduction to the many careers in the health and medical industry. Students will have the option to take classes that earn college credits, in addition to the high school credits needed for graduation. All students will have the opportunity to receive a medical certification to add to their resume for obtaining employment or admittance to colleges to further their studies.
To prepare and motivate students to pursue further education related to careers in the health sciences to meet society’s current and future healthcare needs.
Foster a community of learners that is based around interest in the health sciences. The Health Sciences Academy will provide opportunities for students to learn through authentic medical settings and obtain certifications to become distinguished leaders in their future professions.
Overall Health Sciences Academy Goals
- Provide students with the foundational knowledge related to the health and medical field, including career options and skill-based learning.
- Apply health and medical topics to their learning in all content areas.
- Offer dual-enrollment courses where students build a college resume, while earning high school credits for graduation.
- Gain experience in applying their course's learning in authentic medical settings in the community.
- Provide opportunities for students to earn medical certifications that enrich a college or employment resume.
Possible Career Pathways
The Health Sciences Academy welcomed the 2nd graduating cohort in June 2023.
Over 50 students who completed the HSA programs of studies have moved on to related fields in the Health Sciences.
10 Perth Amboy Seniors have become Safety Ambassadors for Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital.
2022-2023 Health Sciences Academy Capstone Showcase:
Freshman Academy students will be able to apply to the Health Sciences Academy during the winter application window.
For more information, please contact:
Mrs. Jamie Richardson, Director of Mathematics
Ms. Jinny De Jesus, Supervisor of Science
Mr. Sean Bullock, Supervisor of Physical Ed & Health
Dr. Charles Ezell, Vice Principal