About the Communications Academy
The Communications Academy offers students a unique and specialized program that develops students’ skills to clearly communicate in many college and career situations across varied major courses of study and careers in many industries.
Overall Academy Goals:
- Provide students with an understanding of the foundational principles of Communications, including communication process, perception, verbal and nonverbal communications and how to apply these principles in various contexts.
- Help students develop an understanding of various communication, journalism and media studies careers; ensuring that students can express themselves fluently and produce content across varied media platforms.
- Provide opportunities for students to explore the social, political and cultural functions of media so that students can grow into contributing members of society
- Develop leaders in new media, social networking and technology, so Perth Amboy students are at the forefront of emerging communications trends.
- Engage students in issues pertaining to their own community and provide students the tools necessary to effectively advocate on behalf of themselves and others.
Possible Career Opportunities:
Journalist Filmmaker Photographer Animator Graphic Designer
Court Reporter Translator Director of Public Affairs
Applications for the academy are now closed. Applications will re-open in January 2020. More information will be available in the 9th Grade Program English classes.
For More Information Please contact:
Dr. Vivian Rodriguez, Assistant Superintendent for Learning/Educational Services
Mr. Brian Wilson, Supervisor of Visual and Performing Arts - BriaWilson@paps.net
Ms. Allison McMorrow, School Counselor - AlliMcMorrow@paps.net
Mr. Nicholas Cano, School Counselor - NichCano@paps.net