What is Service Learning
The Communications Academy follows the National Standards of Practice for Career Academies. All students must participate in
work-based learning opportunities throughout their time in the academy. These service learning experiences provide students with the following:
- “Hands on Learning”.
- Connects what students learn in the classroom to real world applications through Service Learning Projects.
- Opportunities for Students to work with a professional on a project or to participate in job shadowing.
Examples of Projects
- Work in the district print shop
- Produce media for school and community events or department
- Film school and community events
- Contribute articles to the school newspaper or website
- Identify your own project