Updated: April 11, 2022
Ongoing Activities (Please log in to your Google Classroom to view the activities and due dates):
- English 2: Close Reading of Poetry
- English 3: Close Reading of Shakespeare
- Digital Literacy: Microsoft Office Specialist Certification Training
Students were invited to their respective Google Classroom Periods. If you are placed on remote learning, please follow the guidelines given by our school administration. Please check your district email to be able to log into your class period.
- Professional dress is required
- Cameras must remain on / remain on Mute
- Do Not use the Chatbox unless Directed
- Remember to use a neutral background in your video session
Marking Period 4 Announcement
This is the start of the last marking period. This first week, we will have a shortened week. Here are our things to do:
1. Parent-Teacher Conferences tomorrow, Tuesday, April 12, 2022, from 1:20 -2:50 PM. The early dismissal schedule is on the District/School website.
2. SAT day on Wednesday, April 13, 2022. The schedule is also on our School website.
3. Early dismissal on Thursday, April 14, 2022. We leave at 1:10 pm.
4. See the Principal's Weekly message for more activities and dates:
Start of Year Announcement
Dear Students and Parents:
I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to a new year at Perth Amboy High School. I am looking forward to getting to know you throughout the coming year, which surely promises to bring with it many new experiences and challenges. In order to make the year a successful one, teamwork and cooperation will be required by all. As your teacher, it is my goal to help you become a confident learner and I will do my best to help make this year a positive experience for you.
This is my ninth year at Perth Amboy High School and I am excited to be here. I have been teaching English abroad for sixteen years. I earned my Bachelor’s Degree in English Literature with a concentration in Education at the University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez, and also have a Master’s Degree in English Education at the University of Puerto Rico at Mayaguez.
My research and academic interests are Medieval literature, the literature of the First World War, Semiotics, Literary Theory and Criticism, Postcolonial Theory and Criticism, Victorian-era literature and criticism, Gothic literature and criticism, Science Fiction and Fantasy literature and criticism, New Historicism, Geography, and World History.
I have included an outline of the routines and expectations for this year. Please read through the information and keep it for future reference.
Plagiarism will not be tolerated in any work or assignment.
I look forward to working in partnership with you throughout the coming year and I am confident that together we can achieve excellence. If you have any questions now or at any time in the future, don’t hesitate to contact me at the school email or contact the school for an appointment.
Updated April 11, 2022